Your guest clicks or taps a single icon on an email. They then get back to what they were doing. The days of 20 questions are over.
Looking for a better way to carry out a guest satisfaction survey?
Take a look at our 1-click survey service, which is replacing long form guest surveys around the world.
What is Guest Satisfaction?
Guest satisfaction in the hospitality industry is extremely important. Hotel guests who have been happy with their stay, are likely to come back again and possibly recommend the hotel. It’s therefore essential to get timely feedback from your guests so that you can quickly respond to any less-than-favourable points. The experiences that your guests have are going to last far longer than their stay with you – which is why you need to prioritise the assessment of their satisfaction.
Hotel guest satisfaction is very much related to what guests expected before they arrived at your hotel and actually starts way before they check in. How you present your hotel or guest house on the web, the images used, the text descriptions and any video all contribute to their expectations. Also, their interactions with your establishment via telephone, email and social media will all make a contribution to their experiences. Quick, positive and polite responses are what most customers would expect.
Your staff play a vital role in fulfilling your guest’s expectations. It is important to consider every employee as a customer service representative. They all need to be friendly, welcoming and helpful. They need to be great communicators who love dealing with people. They need to be calm and able to manage upset guests, difficult requests and people from all over the world with varied backgrounds.
Some aspects of hotel guest expectations and satisfaction are common to all scenarios. Guests expect cleanliness, they want the food to be excellent and they want the service to be equally good. Many will also expect amenities and attractions to be easily accessible. Ensuring that your establishment goes above and beyond what is commonly expected will help to achieve great guest satisfaction feedback.
Hotel Satisfaction Survey Questions
Old-style hotel guest satisfaction surveys tend to ask lots of questions, often offering a variety of multiple choice style answers. Questions commonly asked include:
- What was the reason for your visit?
- Were you alone or in a group?
- Why did you choose this hotel?
- How did you book your stay with us?
- Were the staff friendly and helpful?
- Did the staff respond quickly?
- Was your room comfortable and clean?
- Did you eat at the hotel?
- How would you rate the hotel food?
- Do you think that the hotel provides value for money?
- Overall were you satisfied, dissatisfied or neither?
- How likely are you to stay at this hotel again?
- How likely are you to recommend this hotel?
- What can we do to improve our service?
This is only a summary list of questions and many hotel surveys actually ask many more than these. It’s not surprising that survey response rates can be very low indeed. The Customer Thermometer 1-click hotel guest survey is far easier and more engaging – resulting in far higher survey response rates.
Need more guest feedback before they hit TripAdvisor?
You’ve come to the right place.
Customized Landing Pages
After your guest has clicked or tapped their 1-click survey – they’re taken to a Landing page – customized by you …
Looking for real time, non-intrusive guest feedback?
Your first 10 surveys are on us.
Get an account today and send your first Thermometer in just minutes.
We also integrate with 40+ leading web apps
Browse our range of integrations
Create a Free Guest Satisfaction Survey
You run an hotel, guest house, B&B or even a holiday cottage for hire. In a world where reviews matter to a business’ bottom line, it makes a lot of sense to pin down how your guests feel about their time with you, so you can make changes before the next batch of people turns up.
Your guests want to leave feedback in the simplest and fastest possible way. You want to get their feedback equally quickly. That’s exactly what our hotel satisfaction survey tool does, a match made in heaven.
The organisations using our guest satisfaction surveys benefit from levels of insight you’d never manage to achieve with old-school surveys containing multiple questions, paper questionnaires that take forever to fill in.
To help you get to grips with our one-click survey system we’re giving away ten free surveys. Here’s how they could change your business for the better, forever.
About the Tripadvisor effect
High levels of customer satisfaction are powerful predictors of customer retention and loyalty, and also drive re-purchases. The most successful businesses in your sector concentrate on creating and reinforcing positive, enjoyable experiences to help them persuade existing guests to return and attract new ones. Our wonderfully intuitive, intelligently constructed satisfaction surveys provide you with the insight needed to do exactly that. They tap directly into the Tripadvisor effect.
The what? If you haven’t heard of the Tripadvisor effect, it’s amazing. According to US journalist Tom Vanderbilt, the Tripadvisor site has grown so large that reviews posted on it can actually, ‘shift the tourist economies of entire countries’. The Daily Mail confirmed much the same effect with their own research, which revealed how user-generated content on the Tripadvisor site was, ‘directly related to £2 billion of tourism spending in the UK’ and helps to sustain fifty five thousand tourism-related jobs in the country.
All this means that whatever country you operate in, whether the business is large or small, customers’ feelings have a direct impact on your bottom line. They really do matter.
How fixing issues improves loyalty
It’s an interesting paradox: if a customer suffers a problem and you fix it, they feel a lot better about your business than if they never had an issue in the first place. In other words, fixing problems breeds better loyalty and makes customers more ‘sticky’. You can read all about it here.
At the same time a dissatisfied customer whose issue is left unresolved will tell anything from nine to fifteen of their contacts – whether it’s family, friends or colleagues – about their bad experience, and 13% of them will relay their dissatisfaction to more than twenty people. Happy people, on the other hand, only tell between 4-6 others about their great experience. Whichever way you look at it, resolving problems for guests looks like a very wise thing to do.
How to use your 10 FREE hotel guest satisfaction surveys
You want to take advantage of the Customer Thermometer free survey offer and test ten guest satisfaction surveys for your business. This is your chance to see how our hotel guest survey works without spending any of your hard-earned cash.
As far as the practical side of actually creating a survey – a Thermometer – goes, you’ll find clear step-by-step instructions, including handy screenshots, here in our five step Quick Start Guide. It couldn’t be simpler.
Creating an effective survey that delivers the right results
- Here are some tips to help you maximise the potential of your free trial.
- To make the most of the answers your guests provide, you need to be specific rather than general. Specific questions mean specific answers, which make it a lot easier to identify exactly what needs improving.
- The more engaging and entertaining you can make your survey, the more likely people will be to respond.
- The more relevant your question, the more useful the replies will be. Ask a question that takes people right to the heart of the issue.
- We’ve designed our surveys to give you the best possible response rates. You ask just one specific question at a time, your guests provide one of four different answers, and the results are granular enough to have real-world practical applications, providing genuinely useful insights.
- The customised landing pages you build can be used to ask for extra details and more feedback, which people can give quickly and easily, again maximising your chances of getting a useful response.
- We provide ready-to-use icons, but you can customize them to dovetail with your brand and livery, or find other creative ways to make them even more relevant to the question you’re asking and your audience.
- When you ask for people’s feedback in a timely fashion, it’ll boost response. For example if someone has just made a transaction, it’s sensible to survey them straight away rather than delaying so long they’ve forgotten how they felt, or have moved on so far that they don’t care anymore.
We’ve created a growing suite of advice to help you make the most of our influential one-click surveys.
- If you’d like to know more about how to engage your guests, there’s more information here.
- Here’s a link to our detailed guide about getting the most online customer reviews from surveys.
- For a fascinating insight into seven customer service ideas that actually work, click here.
A quick word about statistical validity
Our surveys are well known for the astonishingly good response rates they generate, so much better than long online surveys or the paper ones you leave out in a guest’s room. It matters because, as well as capturing individual issues to resolve, you can use the data to look for patterns. And to spot genuine patterns, you need a statistically relevant amount of data to work with. In other words, you can’t really draw valid conclusions from just a few responses. You need a lot.
Three, two, one… go!
Take your ten free surveys, send them out and see what you get back. A guest satisfaction Thermometer opens up all sorts of exciting opportunities, putting you at the heart of what your guests are feeling and thinking in an unobtrusive and enjoyable way. Together we’ll make your business work even better!