Your customer clicks or taps a single icon on an email. They then get back to what they were doing. The days of 20 questions are over.
Get your Gmail signature survey up and running in minutes.
Switch it in or make it your default signature.
Your recipients can answer directly from their inbox
Gmail signature surveys couldn’t get simpler
- Create your own question, in your own tone of voice/style and your own language or character set
- Customise your rating buttons, or even use your own. The second your customer clicks a button, that vote is registered.
- Choose from 2, 3 or 4 buttons for your customers to respond to. So it’s not just “good or bad”
- Customise the landing page that thanks them for their rating with your own logo and copy, and ask for additional comments (optional)
- Be alerted to “red” and “yellow” ratings via email and/or iPhone/Android alert
- View a list of all comments associated with the satisfaction ratings your customers have made for export, to share with colleagues
- Measure progress and trends across departments
- Create unique email signatures for each employee or at a department level
- Embedded Thermometers are only debited from your account allowance on a click – not a send.
Unlike all other uses of Customer Thermometer – Gmail signature clicks and comments are initially anonymous.
This is a physical limitation of Gmail.
After a recipient has clicked a response, they are taken to a landing page.
This landing page can prompt for an email address which is then added to the response.