Looking for new and useful quotes on customer feedback for your next presentation or blog post?
Customer feedback is taking center stage.
Customers have more ways than ever of getting in touch with the businesses that serve them. From social media to email, from feedback software to voice of the customer programs, the amount of feedback businesses can get increases daily.
But what’s the best advice for how to get, listen to, use and act upon that feedback?
We scoured leading business books, interviews, blog posts and videos to bring you the most fascinating and useful quotes on customer feedback we could find.
20 quotes on customer feedback
1. “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.” Jeff Bezos, CEO & Founder, Amazon
2. “It takes humility to seek feedback. it takes wisdom to understand it, analyze it, and appropriately act on it.” Stephen Covey, Author of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
3. “Don’t waste customers’ time asking them questions unless you are prepared to act on what they say.” Bruce Temkin, Founder, Customer Experience Professionals association
4. “Focus on how the end-user customers perceive the impact of your innovation – rather than on how you, the innovators, perceive it.” Thomas Edison
5. “Clear feedback is the cornerstone of improvement.” Sir David Brailsford, Team Sky General Manager
6. “Customer service interactions are becoming your primary means of creating true customer relationships. To be a successful business today, you must understand how relationships actually work and how to build them.” Mikkel Svane, CEO & Founder, Zendesk
7. “I’m not a tech guy. I’m looking at technology with the eyes of my customers… normal people’s eyes.” Jack Ma, Founder, Alibaba
8. “The public is more interested in personalities than in corporations.” David Ogilvy
9. “Your business should be defined not in terms of the product or service you offer but in terms of what customer need your product or service fulfils. While products come and go, basic needs and customer groups stay around.” Ken Blanchard
10. “We really listened to what our users wanted, both qualitatively listening to the words they say, and quantitatively looking at the behavior they take.” Mark Zuckerberg, Founder & CEO, Facebook
11. “What makes us different is this. We are genuinely customer-centric, we are genuinely long-term oriented and we genuinely like to invent.” Jeff Bezos, CEO & Founder, Amazon
12. “We know that the best way to drive positive change is to learn from our mistakes and hear what our customers have to say. Our companies thrive off customer feedback. It helps us to innovate and disrupt, and keeps us relevant.” Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin group of companies
13. “Truly listening is hearing the needs of the customer, understanding those needs, and making sure the company recognizes the opportunity they present.” Frank Eliason, Global Director Client Experience, Citi
14. “Innovation is hard because solving problems people didn’t know they had and building something no-one needs look identical at first.” Aaron Levie, Founder of Box
15. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen Covey, Author of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
16. “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.” Bill Gates, Founder, Microsoft
17. “You want to be extra-rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback.” Elon Musk, Founder PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla
18. “Treat your customers like they own you, because they do.” Mark Cuban
19. “Success is not delivering a feature, it is learning how to solve the customer’s problem.” Eric Ries, Author of the Lean StartUp
20. “I read every single comment that comes in.“ (via the feedback system) Emily Weiss, Founder and CEO, Glossier
Looking for more quotes on customer feedback? Check out our 10 customer service quotes and images for your next presentation and our 70 customer service quotes from leading experts.
To get real time customer feedback for your team or business, check out Customer Thermometer today for free: